JellyPages.com

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Nerd...

As most of you may know, I love to perform in live theater. I am on a comedy improv troupe called The Jesters Royale, (www.jestersimprov.com) and I have been in a few musicals and straight plays. I auditioned for a play called "The Nerd" at the Empress Theatre in Magna, Utah, and I ended up getting the leading role. I am pretty excited about it.

The play is about an architect who had previously gone to the Vietnam War. After only two hours on the job, he is shot and his life is saved, but he never actually meets his rescuer, until now. In a letter written to Rick, the rescuer, Willum, the architect, says that if he ever needs anything at all or if he happens to be in town, to look him up.  Rick does, and he turns out to be an incredibly annoying nerd that drives the usually nice, sweet Willum to near violence and frustration.

The script is hilarious. I am really excited to be a part of it and hope that when the show opens in January, I can see all of you there. It's going to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment