JellyPages.com

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Curious George and the adventure of Political Correctness...

Ever since I was a little, little kid, my favorite book was Curious George, the original that started the whole line of stories, tv shows, movies, and toys. I always thought that book was great.

However, I started reading it today and holy cow, I hope that P.C. gurus and Animal Activists stay away from the book.

Why?

I'll tell you why...

It is about a man setting up a trap, catches the monkey, puts him in a burlap sack, takes him back to the city, where monkeys do not belong, and then when all is said and done, the man in the yellow hat puts the poor, kidnapped, confused little monkey in the ZOO. The final page is of George in the zoo with other animals with balloons, something that the zookeepers try and keep out of animal pens.


Also from the book is the man in the yellow hat teaching Curious George how to smoke a pipe.  Don't believe me?



You can see the burlap sack on the floor.

I still really love the book, but man, people who are too politically correct would have a three day book burning party if they ever get their hands on a copy.

Anywho, that is my personal point of view. What do the rest of you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment