JellyPages.com

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Still crying a little bit...

I don't cry very often, but I have been known to tear up in certain movies. However, there is one medium of entertainment that I would never expect to cry. That medium: Comic Books. I have cried in a couple of them this past week.

The two comic books: All-Star Superman and Daytripper.

All-star Superman starts out with astronauts who are sent to the sun to study it, when one of the crew members happens to be a deadly creature. The astronauts are headed right into the sun when Superman flies to the sun and brings back to Earth. However, Superman flies so close to the sun that he soaks up too much radiation. Superman learns that he is going to die soon. The series had 12 issues that were released over a couple of years time. Each story deals with Superman trying to get his affairs in order while still trying to save the world. I have read a ton of Superman comics throughout my life, and this series is by far the best of the best. I finished the series just a couple of days ago, and I still can't stop thinking about it and how awesome and tragic it is at the same time. You can actually buy the full series together from Amazon.



Daytripper is a series that had 10 issues to it. It has kind of an intresting theme. Each issue follows a Brazilian man who in each issue dies at a different age. The series really makes you see all of the beautiful things in life and why you should live each day like it is your last. Each issue is written in a way where the narrator of the story is reading an obituary. It's really awesome. However, if you want to read Daytripper, I have to warn you in advance, the language is pretty strong. Here is a cover.



Anyway, I just thought that I would share those books since they really impacted me in  a way that I never thought was possible coming from a comic book.

1 comment:

  1. All Star Superman is a favorite of mine. Daytripper's one I want to check out pretty badly.

    ReplyDelete