JellyPages.com

Saturday, July 26, 2014

19 Days......

Wow. It has been 19 days since I last posted a blog entry. So, let me catch you up to what is going on with me.  I performed my final show as Uncle Fester in The Addams Family musical out at The Empress Theatre in Magna, Utah. I love performing there. There is something special about performing there and the people that come out to act or spectate. It maybe at the end of  a run-down street, probably one of the last bigger buildings, anything further north and you would be in the Great Salt Lake. A little further west and you would be scaling a mountain.

I have been so blessed to have been a part of the show. I loved everyone in the show, and even though the show was double cast, I had a wonderful time rehearsing and going to watch the other cast.

I am kind of funny in some ways. I have a bi-polar disorder, and usually people with bi-polar disorder get super depressed during the winter and then go into a kind of mania in the summer time. For some weird reason, I am the opposite. I usually seem to be in better spirits come winter, and feel depressed in the summer. I have a really great medication and treatment plan that drastically improves my situations with the highs and lows that come with bi-polar disorder, almost to a point where the ups and downs are hardly an issue. Being involved with the show and everyone who put it all together helped my slump stay closer to normal and now I can feel that my mood is rising to around what most people would call normal.

One thing that makes me happy is that during the rehearsals and run of the show, there isn't one person in the cast that didn't help me reach my potential in my character. The list would be too long to go through the full cast and write something about every single person in the cast and crew. I tried really hard to get to know the other actors, whether I already knew them already and got to know them better or people new to the theater. I have made some incredible new friends and deepened my love and appreciation for those I already knew.

Anyway, I have been out to the theater quite a bit from the end of March through now between Shrek The Musical and The Addams Family. It will be nice to take a little break, get back into the swing of things with my film critic gig and have more time and hopefully more money since I won't be buying gas two times a week to travel out to Magna and back home to West Jordan. I hope to spend more time with Elliot and taking him places that would be fun to do. I also am involved again with The Jesters Royale. It is crazy to think that almost five years ago, I was playing a big part in putting together a new improv show format with some close friends of mine, and I am joining the team once again after a two year break to see if we can't produce some more of the improv magic we once had, but by doing it with a couple old friends from the team as well as new players that seem to have a lot of great wit.

Anyway, that is what I am up to these days. I have to brag and tell everyone that I got to see Guardians of the Galaxy two weeks early, and am going back again to see it one week before it opens. I legally can't review it, but the fact that I want to go again should tell you something, wink wink. 

Anyway, have a good morning, day, afternoon, evening, or night depending on when you read this.

If this is your first time visiting my blog, be sure to check out some of the older posts. I have had a lot of fun blogs, my personal favorite is about politically incorrect the first Curious George book is, and if you don't believe me and my points I argue,  I have the pictures from the book to make my case. Also, Jennica, if you read this, I am going to have to look up the C.G. book where he makes pancakes.

Love you all.

Peace Out!


No comments:

Post a Comment