JellyPages.com

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

....Sorry it has been so long. It has been like I had a play opening up or something....

Hey everyone,

So sorry for not posting a blog in like two weeks. Time flies when you are in a play, or asleep. I know it isn't against the law or anything, so again, I am sorry....BUT, just for fun, I live in Utah, and so I thought that I would have some fun and blog about strange laws in Utah and comment on each of them. My mission president in Detroit once told us in a meeting that behind every rule is a moron. Some of these just might have been.

It is illegal to buy or sell an unborn child. It doesn't say anything about giving one away for free...right?

It is illegal to cause a catastrophe. Good to know. I had so many ideas of how to throw our state into chaos.

It is illegal to throw items that are on fire from a moving vehicle. I guess I will have to pull over the next time I do that.

Drunk-Driving laws do not apply to those riding animals. This reminds me of a drunk Lee Marvin riding his horse while drunk in one of my favorite western films, Cat Ballou.

It is illegal to mutilate a library book. Thank goodness I am not a Nazi or a character from Fahrenheit 451.

Boxing matches that allow biting are not allowed. Sorry Mike Tyson.

It is illegal for train operators to throw human waste off of the train. Does that include hobos?

It is illegal to take both hands off of the handlebars of a bicycle at the same time. Ask my mom about this, she crashed into a tree trying this once.

A permit is required to alter the weather in any way. Does this include praying for moisture during a drought in church??? I am actually guilty of this one....

It is illegal to sell alcohol during an emergency stated by the state governor. Seems like it would be needed most to people who drink it during that time.

It is against the law to fish from horseback. Seems like fishing would be a great pastime for those drunk riding a horse specified earlier in this blog.

It is illegal to detonate a nuclear weapon. I think I am on board with this one. Hard to believe that it is on a "crazy laws list".

Driving a car on the sidewalk is against the law. But, what if sidewalk is in between your driveway and the street?

This one only pertains to Ogden, Utah. Only Animal Control or policemen are allowed to molest animals.  I'm not even going to comment on this one.

There you have it. Maybe I will write a blog later on with more laws. I just thought it would be kind of a fun blog to read through. Hope you are all doing well, and as for me, I am still performing The Addams Family as Uncle Fester.  If you haven't come to see the show yet, stop reading this blog, head over to www.empresstheatre.com and get tickets to come see the show. We have been getting great reviews.

Until next time, "Be excellent to each other, and....PARTY ON, DUDES!"










No comments:

Post a Comment