JellyPages.com

Friday, June 13, 2014

To The Addams Family, Both Casts......

I was cast in The Addams Family: The Musical as Uncle Fester. The show was double cast and my counterpart is played wonderfully by Dallon Thorup.  It ceases to amaze me how different we play the same role, but because of our different experiences and personalities, the role works in two totally different ways. I feel very fortunate to have been cast along side an awesome actor, so Dallon, Thank you.

Tonight marked the last night that both casts will be rehearsing together. While it is exciting to know that we will have our costumes, makeup, and props pretty much ready for the next couple of rehearsals until we open, I am really going to miss the cast from Cast B. You have all been wonderful to work with, and to have fun with. I usually hate rehearsing for shows, but I have been nothing but excited and happy when it comes to Addams Family rehearsals. 

There isn't one person in either cast that I didn't like. It has been great getting to know you and I have signed up for a couple of ushering positions, so I will see you again during your run, but I will miss sharing the stage with you all.

To Cast A, Let's rock this thing. I am so happy to be in a cast full of awesomely, talented people who inspire me, (cast B does as well, but yeah), and have made this experience a once in a lifetime kinda thing.

I don't want to go into personal details, but let's just say there have been some rough bumps in my life lately, and things are pretty hard for me on the outside of the theater. Everyone has been so amazing and have treated me well. The theater is kind of my safe haven. Once I walk through those doors, I feel happy. Things in my personal life kind of just wait outside for a while until I leave the theater, then it's back again.

I just want everyone to know how appreciative of I am for you. Thank you so much for making me laugh, for helping me feel better about myself, and the encouragement to work harder and stronger.

Anyway this is long enough. Congratulations if you made it this far and are still reading! Anywho, let's work super hard in the next couple of rehearsals so that we can have great performances. Thank you so much everyone for making this experience a great one.

See you guys tomorrow at rehearsal.

Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment